• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

BettyRowe

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,
I am quite an animal lover, especially pets. I want to make a home reef tank to cater to my passion and to make my room more beautiful. Since I have no experience in raising corals, I am afraid that when raising it, it will die. So I want to ask everyone, if you make a reef tank, what is the salinity of the tank?
Thanks everyone.

Czynot

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Salinity 1.024-10.26 is fine. I try to keep my reef at 1.025. Fish only tank can be lower 1.020-1.026. Pick a number and keep it at that level.
Keep a reef tank is more than just correct salinity. Keeping a reef tank is 100x harder than keeping fish only tank.
Keeping a colorful piece of the reef in our living room is most beautiful and enjoyable experience. But is can be a worse nightmare and a money pit if done wrong.

BettyRowe

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Salinity 1.024-10.26 is fine. I try to keep my reef at 1.025. Fish only tank can be lower 1.020-1.026. Pick a number and keep it at that level.
Keep a reef tank is more than just correct salinity. Keeping a reef tank is 100x harder than keeping fish only tank.
Keeping a colorful piece of the reef in our living room is most beautiful and enjoyable experience. But is can be a worse nightmare and a money pit if done wrong.
Thanks for your advice, it's so helpful for me.

BettyRowe

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
35ppt, typical ocean water is between 34ppt to 36ppt. Use a refractometer and calibrate it often, they only cost around $20 online. Some animals won't tolerate deviations from that, so you may want to invest in an auto top off system.
Thanks a lot

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: