Domboski

No Coral Here
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
I have had the stuff in the pictures growing on the rocks for a while. I never cared too much about it until I realized it has spread quite a bit. It may be hard to tell from the pictures but both have a fuzzy appearance. I always assumed it was some type of sponge in two different colors (both rocks came from a different place so there is no relation as both already had the fuzzy stuff attached).

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• Pink.JPG
    Pink.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 215
  • white.JPG
    white.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 210

leoskee

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
In the second pic there is a sponge but it seems like the stuff he is talking about is growing around it. I had something similar in my tank 2 years ago. It was a from of algae. I wasnt taking good care of my tank at the time and had some patches of the stuff grow on my lr.

Can you scrape it off? If you can and it comes out as a thick, dark mat it might be the stuff I am talking about. I never got a name for it but it went away once I took care of my phosphates and did regular water changes.

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
237   0   0
if it what im looking at ..the pink in the 1st pic and the light yellowish in the 2nd pic,,they look like sponges

a good way to tell if indeed it is a sponge ,it should have holes all over,one for intake one for out take the bigger the sponge the more out/in takes it will have .if they have that then its a sponge .
a sponge is sort of slimy .
hope that helps

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: