• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Won with a temp controller is what I use. If there's anything better I haven't found it.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this big expensive noisey thing that keeps the room at 75 degrees. So I don't worry about the tank temperature.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just say "I have nothing to add to this thread" next time Bob, mkay? :P

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I don't worry about the tank temperature.

Won't work up north Bob! Unless you want to go broke trying to keep your entire house 75 degrees 24/7.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DanConnor":2w8k7nz4 said:
So I don't worry about the tank temperature.

Won't work up north Bob! Unless you want to go broke trying to keep your entire house 75 degrees 24/7.

Yep could be. But then I did the same thing in rapid city south dakota for a few years. Chill factors down to -85 F some nights. Fo tank with no heater did fine.

And I never lost a tank because of heater failure.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying the new visi-therm stealth heater.It can't be that bad it's got a life time warranty.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In sunny florida you don't need a heater.

I rarely have to heat the house, but will set the house thermometer at 70 when a major cold snap comes through.

I do own a heater that I could use in case of an emergency. I use it for heating the WC water more than anything. I would think that anyone up north would at have on hand for an emergency. If your house is heated with gas and you ran out, what would you do? I'd have a back up plan for sure.

Louey

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i haven't had a problem w/any off the shelf, flavor of the year heater in a looong time, and have found that just about any brand will have an occasional lemon-you should be fine w/whatever you get, among the 'standard' brands, imo

fishfanatic2

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jds":wqfyxpu7 said:
I'm trying the new visi-therm stealth heater.It can't be that bad it's got a life time warranty.

I've had a visitherm for 6 years and it works great. I just got one as a mixing heater and so far that works very well too. I like it much better than the ebo-jager i have. :D

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: