das75

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently started a 75gal with about 40lb LR but was using CC and coral frags as the substrate. Tanks seemed cycled (just used LR) but the CC and frags I realized wasn't right, so wanted to fix before getting fish etc.. Previous posts started by Mal about 'Nitrate Help' convinced me to go out and get 90lb sugar-sized Aragamax (aragonite oolite). I removed the coral and placed in the rinsed sand using a PVC tube to the bottom. Now it's been 12 hours, I can only see about 4" into the tank and what I can see of the LR is covered in sand/silt.

Question is should I just relax and just blow off the sand later, or should I removed the LR, rinse and place in my mixing tubs until the tanks clears?

All I've been doing for the last 3 weeks is watching the life on the LR and I'm getting attached, don't want them to die off if they haven't already.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you should just relax. It'll clear up in a few days. Then you can blow off the rock with a power head, turkey baster, or whatever.

Good Luck!

Louey

fishfanatic2

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should most likely clear up in a few days. I doubt it will harm the life on your LR. When everything clears, you can then blast the extra sand off the LR if you wish.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: