meschaefer

One to Ignore
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I am looking for a large tank to make into a sump for my 225g. Nothing smaller than a 75 gallon standard, must be 4 foot long and it must be CHEAP AS HELL. I don't care about scratches and belmishes etc. etc.

Wile I am particulary looking for a used glass tank....I am open to other things if you think it would work particulary well a sump, and wich is CHEAP AS HELL.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I have a 120gal Eurobraced tank with low iron glass on 3 sides :) Only problem is I have a small crack on the lower right hand side of the tank :D Glob it with silicon and live on the edge:smoker: Free BTW

meschaefer

One to Ignore
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I like the price...but I am concerned about the "Crack". Is this your old display tank? Reef ready? Standard size?

Last edited:

Sean

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I have a 75 gallon standard glass tank with a 1 1/2" bulkhead in the back. If you want it $30. Pick up in brooklyn.
I also have a 110 gallon acrylic for $100 -72x18x18

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
I like the price...but I am concerned about the "Crack". Is this your old display tank? Reef ready? Standard size?

Depends on how it's broken and since you do not care about the look, glue a pcs of glass over it and that's it. A lot of the lfs use this method to fix cracks of large tanks.

BTW If you are quick I have 55s FREE for you or if you have whatever LS and whenever to trade.

meschaefer

One to Ignore
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Rich, I'll take the 120. I talked to some people and they told me exactly what Wingo said, that the tank is easily patched, especially if your not concerned with looks.

you got pm

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
Matt, Rich's tank is a easy repair. make sure you clean the area up well and remove every bit of silicone from the corners without loosen up the small cracked piece, patch it over with a 9"x9" 3/8" glass.

Get GE 1200 series construction silicone from your glazer, thats what miracles uses to built their tanks.

meschaefer

One to Ignore
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Unfortunatly my personal "glazer" is umm....on leave of absence right now. Really, does leave me in a pickle, especially with all the "glazing" that is going undone. How I hate that.

Any other ideas where I might pick some up.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: