• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

trigger0214

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
I am having a problem with my xenia colonies. The first observation was one of my colonies of xenia elogata appeared dark and limp. A closer inspection revealed what appeared to be small lesions and tiny white crustaceans of some type. They are really too small identify. Just white, very small and very fast white specs.

I removed the 'infected' colony to another tank, hoping to isolate what ever it was. This phenomenon appears to be spreading to some of the other smaller elongata and pom-pom colonies. The larger colonies appear to be unaffected....

Has anyone seen this? Any ideas or thoughts??

My tank is going through a bit a funk right now. I am following up on riding the tank of some ich I encountered with a new inhabitant. As a result, the tank is at about 81-82 degrees F, and a little red from all the garlic soaked flake Ive been putting in.....at least down in the sump. I was considering adding a mandarin goby to eat up some of microcrustacea.....thoughts???

Corwyn

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI,

I had a nudibranch that snuck in and devoured the thing. For several days I saw the damage but could not find the thing. Finally after the lighs went off, I set and watched the tank. The nudi was totally camouflaged so that I could barely tell it was there untill it started moving. '

It totally destroyed a 6-7 inch pom pom in 2-3 days.

Corwyn

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: