• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

FB

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone using them. I have the XM 10000K and it is very white. I was wondering if anyone could compare them for me.

Any difference in coral colouration.

Thanks

Unarce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The color is similar to other 14K bulbs, but very dim. I think XM is doing a rework. For some reason, the 15K has either the same or lower PAR level than the 20K (depending on the ballast).

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bradl, Phoenix (same bulb as Aquaconnect) 250W DE 14K is superb. High PAR with a nice blue color.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Second that motion. I currently have 2 phoenix 14 de on my tank and I have had great growth and great coloration. I love them. I will definintely be using them again.

stubbsz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two 250W DE 14K as well, i love em but then I had PC lighting before this so my opinion can be taken with a pinch of my Instant Ocean (Crappy apparently) Salt

bleedingthought

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm buying 3 MH sets (400W Advanced ballast with the mogul sockets, reflectors, and all the wiring - it's here: http://atlanta-smas.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=816 if you care to look) from a guy from our local fish club and was looking for what bulb I should get. I'm not familiar with MHs at all and was considering an XM bulb since I've heard they last a good bit and don't lose PAR as fast as some others.

Not true?

I would be using 2 of these in my 75 which shouldn't need so much PAR, I would think, since it's only 20 inches deep. I will also be using my 4 VHOs to supplement the MH, so I could do 4 actinics if necessary, or 2 actinics and 2 50/50s. I had looked at either the 15000K or the 10000K. I realize I should probably start a new thread for this! But any help?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: