Ravenstar

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been on this board for a year and a half now never once posted anything negative about a MO company, in fact on a few occasions posted positive results, ie: AH Supply and Marine Depot. Anyway, for those of you who might think I'm a whiner think again. I also did a search here before ordering, nothing negative, nothing positive, so felt this was good enough.

Ordered a diatom filter (Vortex) July 5th, card was debited July 6th. Two weeks later no filter, called about every other day for the next week with a promise of a call back with status, no call backs. The amazing thing is starting yesterday 7/24/01, I was getting a ring no answer at their customer service number. After several attempts the paranoid in me disabled caller ID, bingo, answer on first ring. Same thing today, 3 calls ring no answer, disable caller ID, bingo, answer first ring.

Anywho, cancelled the order and filed charge back with my credit card folks, which BTW have been excellent at this in the very few times I've had to excercise this option, they're response "No merchadise delivered, no money".

P*ss poor experiance.

Nathan1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Charge backs work. I used to have my own e-store selling music CD's. I had one incidence where an individual from Serbia (this was soon after the war in Kosovo) charged back for a bunch of Cd's I sent him (the little bastard!). Well, I investigated and found that his bank was registered in Mexico (I even called his bank but those Mexicans had no clue about anything), and he had residency status in Belgrade or something. I said forget it and took a loss; it's all I could do.

So, don't worry, you WILL get your money back on this one.

-Nathan

Ravenstar

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Steve, guess it's all in how you search, but kinda tough to match your first post listing "WW Pesupply"
icon_smile.gif

JohnD

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ravenstar -

If the word comes from you, it is good enough for me. We have exchanged numerous posts over the last year and I have never found you to be a whiner, but a good source of information. Especially on the nitrogen cycle.

World Wide Pet Supply is off my list of MO companies.

What setup are you building in Tulsa?

Warm regards,

JohnD

Ravenstar

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you John, always nice to get SOLID support, and as far as the new setup it's only in the thinking stage at this point.

Thank you Steve and Nathan, wish I'd know what crap an outfit they were before hand, I'd rather cut someones grass for 20 bucks than go through that aggravation again just for a cheaper price.

[ July 27, 2001: Message edited by: Ravenstar ]

Speed

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are talking about World Wide Pet in Ct. you should know that the state has cited them on several occasions for their filthy conditions and cruilty to animals. When this family had a pet store under another name the state closed them and pulled their lisence to do business so the just opened another store with the name World Wide Pets. I have visited the store and the conditions are by far the worst I have ever seen. Pricing may look good but it is way to high for the garbage they sell.

swreefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's an update on Worldwide. I went to the store the other day to see if anything has changed. It actually got worse. The good news is that they are in trouble again. Everything is being sold. They claim it's a clearence but it looks like they are getting rid of everything in order to close the doors. Not much left but the stuff that is there is in sad shape. They have been in trouble on numerous occasions. One time was when a truck load of puppies from some puppy mill were killed. Please pass the word. Don't do business with this place. Not only are the conditions they keep the animals in horrific but they are not pleasent to deal with either.

Speed

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally would like to see each one of us reefers post, asking for someone to ck out a store before we buy on the net. I'm sure it would help to get rid of sone of these people who have no respect for the lives of the anamals they sell. I would be more than happy to ck any location in Ct. if I don't already know them.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: