k_thomas

Reefer
I had noticed these brown spots on the glass and sand in my 90 gallon reef for about a month now and did not think much of them until their number started to increase quite tramatically. I took a closer look (with a magnifying glass) and to my surprise these things were moving.

Please have a look at the the attached pictures and let me know if you have any ideas as to what these are.

tks/Ken

Attachments

• 1901 mod.jpg
    1901 mod.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 821
  • 1905 mod.jpg
    1905 mod.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 826
A

Anonymous

Wow, you really have quite the bloom there. I can't remember what the heck they are, I've seen them, but not in those numbers.

A

Anonymous

Yep definitely got a case of flatworms. I have never tried one of the blue velvet slugs but can state that 6 line wrasses will put a serious dent in their population.

There is also a product called 'Flatworm Exit' which has gotten good and bad reviews you might want to look into - read up on it first - can have some negative side effects.

Will C1

Advanced Reefer
you have some flat worms called convolutriloba or red flat worm. these are the main diet of the sea slug chelidonura this will eat them out of existance. but once their gone it will starve so you might want to make sure you can return it in a few months.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: