• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

emmanuel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I got lucky and caught one of my cleaner shrimp that looked like its going to pop from all the eggs . I placed it in one of those hang in tank breeder containers and half hour after the lights went off I turn on the flashlight and all my corals are fully extended I then iluminate the breeder container and it was full of babies I siphoned about 100 into my 5 gallon tank with little palm filter ( removed the filter media) and the rest went into my refugium but they will most likely end up as food in the main tank.
Last time I tried this I placed the mama in my kids 12 gallon eclipse before it had fish but the babies all got sucked into the filter. I dought any will survive but I'll try again
Anyone ever raise any?

ZBT3091

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
did you buy a regular breeder container and just put the shrimp in? I have two shrimp and if they pair up ill probably try to raise them.

emmanuel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
thanks but it doesn't look like they made it I placed them in a 5 gallon tank I had setup for a year with nothing in it but didn't acclimate then I realized the salinity was 1.030 . My other shrimp is also pregnant maybe next time I'll try to keep them in the breeder container . As far as the ones in the refugium I don't know if any are alive cant see in there but most likely the went to the surface toward the light and went with the flow of the water back up to the tank . My corals were all so happy last night they had crazy extension

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: