• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
My gobi experiment seems to be going well. I have two pairs spawning.
This last pregnant gobi I diden't even think was in a "relationship" so to speak because the other one of the same type just ignores her.
Of course it could just be that the fish is full of eggs and they will be unfertile and not hatch. Either way It was hard to get a picture because she was wedged in between rocks and before I knew she was full of eggs I thought she was dying because she would not eat which is the reason I moved some rocks out of the way.
You can see her belly here. It is my only shot through a magnifying glass before she moved.

PregnantGobi001.jpg

BZOFIQ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Good luck. I have a pair of Maroon Clowns spawn every 10 days. Eggs hatch, fish eat them and few days later there is a fresh patch on the side (first 3 were on the overflow, last and largest, still there is on the glass next to it). The male mostly guards the eggs and fans them with his fins. She just hangs around and sometimes chases away my sohal tang who is very interested in snatching some.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: