• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
These gobies have been spawning for over a year but I just found the eggs. They are in the back of the tank so I had to crawl under the tank with a camera and magnifying glass. Yes I know they are blurry but make believe they are as clear as a picture in national Geographic :tongue1:

Here is the Mother

Localtank013.jpg

Gobieggs006.jpg

Gobieggs026.jpg

Last edited:

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I don't think so. I don't have the time now or the rotifers. If I knew they were going to lay eggs in a place where I could collect them I would have ordered rotifers but they usually do this in a place where I can't collect the eggs. I will take some and put them in a seperate container just to see what the fry look like but they look like they will be too small for newborn brine which is what I have.
They spawn all the time along with blue stripped pipefish and bangai cardinals, I could spend all my time raising these as I used to in the past.
2008reef011.jpg

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
hey paul did we happen to sell you those yellow watchman gobies? :D

Thats them, do you remember me?
That picture was taken when they were small. they are about 4" now and they constantly spawn.
I told you I would take care of them. In 15 or 20 years I will sell them back to you :bablefish
Maybe I will visit you again. You got anything interesting? I don't do common, only wierd:tongue1:

Localtank013.jpg

Last edited:

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
the one collected locally is a dragon pipefish ? you have it in a diff tank then the reef ? any problems with the pipfish in ur reef ? you have lps ? i have a pair in my seahorse tank but it really isnt big enough and wanted to put them in my reef, but i have duncans and a anenome and know how that can turn out

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
NYreefNoob, you should not feed those shrimp as soon as they hatch as they can't eat it for about 2 days. They still have a yoke sack and they should be fed to your fish as soon as possable before they absorb it.
Ellebelle, how are you doing? As a matter of fact, that butterfly in the picture was eaten by my engineer gobi along with another gobi. I gave him away, the engineer.
I rarely lose fish but he was just too small and I should not have put him in my reef yet.
Next year I have a different plan.

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
These guys are ready to spawn again as I see them clearing a nest in a different place. I can see the yellow eggs in the female.
It has been exactly one month since the last spawning.
I don't know if I will be able to get pictures this time as it looks to be in a worst place.

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I am pretty sure this guy pictured (the gobi not the butterfly) and his girlfriend will be spawning again tonight. She has that look in her eye and she is cleaning a nest in almost the same place she deposited eggs last spawning. It is in a little worse place for me to take a picture but I will try. If it is not tonight, then hopefully tomorrow.
Localtank013.jpg

2008reef011.jpg

Gobieggs026.jpg

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
This pair should spawn any time now. The male on the right keeps pushing his very pregnant babe to the back into the nest then when he gets her there he pushes her against the rocks to lay eggs.
She is almost ready but not quite yet and I can tell by her expression that he is going to be sleeping on the other side of the tank if he doesen't leave her alone.
Gobieggs006.jpg

This is just a guy I wanted to add
Gobieggs011.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: