• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

Does anyone have any links for basic fiberglass construction? I am looking to build 3d background structures...

67muscle

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you find out anything let me know. All I know about it is you need a repirator and gloves and maybe goggles.

captnpatsg3f

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe an easier way to constuct a 3-D background would be to buy thick styrofoam and carve it to the shape you want it then buy epoxy paint (i got mine from aquatic ecosystems) and paint the whole thing. this will give you a rock hard background to the shape you want. no gloves no goggles and no respirator.

cgbexec

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DanConnor,

Use sprayfoam insulation like the kind you buy at home depot. Spray a blob in the general size and shape of what you want. Let it dry. You then can use a sharp knife to get the shape you want. You can then use sand paper and a dremel to get an exact shape. Then paint it with potable drinking water tank epoxy paint. Some reef tanks in Europe actually use this spray foam to form their reefs.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: