Jawsk2

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard of people adding a skimmer to an Eclipse 12, but can not envision it on mine.
Does anyone have any experience adding one onto theirs?

Roach

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it takes a little bit of work and an exacto box cutter. What I did on mine awhile back was cut a slot in the back of the hood big enough for a skilter. If you aren't familiar with a skilter it is simply a very compact skimmer/filter combination. I can't even remember where I got it at but there are different ones out there. Some fit and some don't. Anyways then you just take out the Eclipse's existing filter and put the skilter in it's place. I have since then turned my Eclipse 12 into a planted tank. It still had the slit in the hood so I just put on a aquaclear mini filter. Works great and know one can see your handy work in the back.
icon_smile.gif

Jawsk2

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Roach, you have cleared something up for me. I was looking at adding my cpr bak pak 2, but couldn't see a way to fit it; but I wasn't thinking about removing the Eclipse filter, which I won't need with a small powerhead and the bak pak. Thanks again

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: