dansd

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 4 powerheads and a mini pump in my 55gal reefer tank. The tank backing is black and my gray powerheads and pump stand out like a sore thumb. My black power heads blend right in and are unobtrusive. I was wondering if it would be possible to take the gray ones out (one at a time), scrub them down, and spray paint them black. Obviously they'd have to be fully dry before putting back, but I don't know if this is safe, and if so, is there a certain type of spray paint I should use? Will it fall off or be toxic?

Thanks,
Dan

liquid

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I wouldn't do it. The paint will flake off and the additives might be toxic to marine critters. As long as you are dosing calcium and alkalinity into your tank on a regular basis, it won't take long for coralline algae to completely cover your grey powerheads.

Shane

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could use Rustoleum Plastic paint. People have painted PVC with good luck. I bet it would work with powerheads.

Or you could just wait for them to be covered with coraline.

B

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: