• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

AriMiko43

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Okay, I want to change my setup but I am debating between the Red Sea Max250 or a 65 gallon with overflow and sump. Obviously the Red Sea is a all in one and will save me a lot of time and headache trying to set up. As for the 65 gallon, I have to do the overflow, build a 30 gallon DIY sump and figure out how the whole overflow and pump works. I am very limited on space for a sump being a have a stand built into my wall that is only 10 1/2" deep because of the 2x4 studs in the way. I would much rather go for the Red Sea cause it will fit on top of my stand easily and I won't have to worry about putting a sump underneath. Also a couple questions that I have is... Does the Red Sea250 have switches to turn each light on individually? Ex: 1 switch for 10,000k's and 1 switch for actinics? Can I make a refugium in the skimmer area if I remove the stock skimmer and install a Tunze skimmer? I heard of there being a underwater light to light cheato. What do you all think? What should I do?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: