• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Just curious in knowing if you all have night lights/led on your tank to complete 24 hour lighting. Does having night lights really stimulate coral spawning as i have read. Is it okay to just leave lights off

Last edited:

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
i have blue and purple leds on both my tanks with a timer. 930 my actinics turn on, 10 day and blue lights, 730 day turns off, 8 actinics turn off and leds turn on.

i dont know about the spawning thing so dont take my word but i know i saw a movie onces and the marine biologist said spawning is only a certain time of the year event in the ocean on like a full moon and ect on a certain date. in a personal tank im not sure. i have them because all my corals glow at night with the purple leds. my blue leds only give it a shimmer.

topmav1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Of course its ok to leave the lights off. I just got LED's from Wingo just because I wanted to see my tank when the lights are off too not just when they are fully on. Whole other world going on in the tank at night so wanted to enjoy that too.

jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
i like it too. i have always had night light/led in my tank.. its just that i bought a fire fish and he doesnt seem to like the night light-its 1watt led.. he doesnt seem to know its night time.. so i have been turning light off for like 10 minutes. He goes in his hole and then i turn night led back on.. when ever i turn light back on i notice that theres more action going on within those 10 min of complete darkness than when i leave light on all night..

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: