• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

johnny roastbeef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I have a combo fixture that currently has 65 watt PC lamps installed. There is still plenty of room available for a longer tube. Presuming they physically fit (which they do) could I install a 96 watt lamp into the fixture. Will the ballast be able to drive them? Is the end connector the same?

It bothers me that the factory installed lamps that are only 24" into a fixture that could easily hold 34" tubes.

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
I have a combo fixture that currently has 65 watt PC lamps installed. There is still plenty of room available for a longer tube. Presuming they physically fit (which they do) could I install a 96 watt lamp into the fixture. Will the ballast be able to drive them? Is the end connector the same?

It bothers me that the factory installed lamps that are only 24" into a fixture that could easily hold 34" tubes.
I guess you didn't research the lightfixture before you bought it.Anyway as stated you must change the ballast.They are available with square/
straight end caps as well.

johnny roastbeef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Dre,
What does research have to do with anything? I was curious and asked a question about interchangeability. I dont remember asking anyone to editorialize on my purchasing methods.

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0

I'm to trying to to start a war just take the advice and move on.:smile:

juiceguy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
you have to switch out the ballasts but there is a reason for having 24" tubes in a larger fixture......increasing the wattage will increase the heat build up within the fixture and possibly damage it so if you do upgrade, make sure you properly ventilate it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: