• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you've got the moxy and can set up the facilities to raise out the fry, then I say you should add to the pool of captive-raised stock. The Maroon is indeed a very popular animal, and by the looks of the eggs you've got a healthy pair that will continue to spawn healthy, good-looking eggs. You won't be able to raise up this set of fry, they'll be food for the system. But when you set up a sys for the folks I don't think you'll be too hard-pressed to find a market for these animals.

It's also a testament to your skills, they aren't just surviving, they're thriving. Really, very good, Em, I'm impressed (especially that you might consider taking on the task of raising the fry).

EmilyB

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks sea

Have you run across anyone who has tried using Golden Pearls ? This was mentioned to me a couple of years ago. I've used the larger sizes a lot with juvenile fish and the results are astounding.

skydivenscuba

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

On my first attempt at raising Clarkii fry, I used the 50-100 micron sized Golden Pearls. The fry seemed to be striking at them almost immediately. The biggest issue is that the GPs breakdown very quickly and foul the water. In 12 hrs the ammonia reached uncomfortable levels. I attempted to keep the concentration at about 5 particles/ml.

I suppose that GPs could be used to raise a few fry if the feeding schedule was 5 to 6 times a day. Also, Clarkii fry are known to be good eaters (Wilkerson). So striking at dead food items may only be a Clarkii fry thing.

There is an article on reefsUK from a hobbyist who raised clown fry to 18 days using only freshly hatch brine shrimp.

I know this post is old, but I am posting anyway because I have been unable to find simular info.

Better late than never :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: