• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

frnkynlop

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Heys guys,
I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get live ghost shrimps or live mysis for blue throat trigger. I've had him for two weeks and he still not eating. I've tried frozen mysis, brine , squid formuaal2 pellets and he still not eating. So if anyone knows where I could get live food for him in the brooklyn area I would greatly appreicated. Thanks in advance

Frank

frnkynlop

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Hey Angelo,

Thanks for the reply. I've tried soaking the food in garlic and selcon and he still won't eat. I'm running out of ideas and thats why I was looking for the live food. Thanks again for the reply.

Frank

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
Thanks guys for the all the responses.
Samsky what did you give yours to start eating. mines going o two weeks and I'm still haven't seen him eat not one bite.

i think my took 1.5 weeks, and i was scare it will die and i went and got some live brine shrimp, it took it without hesitating, then regular fishing pellets and flakes. It won't even come out the 1st week. This fish feels very insecure. Let it venture your tank, it gets scare easily, let it feel confortable and don't go near your tank too much in the mean time. good luck. it's a 50/50, whether they start eating.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
go to a local bait and tackle shop, and get some live bait.
Or go to sheepshead marina and scoop some feeder shrimps off the docks. They are easy to catch with a net, but I don't there there are many of them right now. All sorts of tiny crabs, and amphipods there.

jdnumis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Do you guys have a reef with your Trigger? I love triggers but just a little worried about my mixed reef. It seems that the blue throat is "reef safe" but I have mixed feelings about that.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Mines in a reef and he comes right up to my face to be fed. He looooooves krill. I buy frozen, thaw them and cut them in half and he goes nuts! But he also will devour clams, mysis, and practically any meaty food. He's fine with my cleaner shrimp though. He's easily the coolest fish I own! Here he is with my fox face.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByReefs1366987137.564227.jpg
    ImageUploadedByReefs1366987137.564227.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 112

jdnumis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Mines in a reef and he comes right up to my face to be fed. He looooooves krill. I buy frozen, thaw them and cut them in half and he goes nuts! But he also will devour clams, mysis, and practically any meaty food. He's fine with my cleaner shrimp though. He's easily the coolest fish I own! Here he is with my fox face.

How long have you had him in your tank?

frnkynlop

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
hey absolutefaye,

how long did u have it beofre he ate. and what did u use to get him to eat. mines is going on three weeks and I'm yet to see him eat I've tried everything to include fresh clams and nothing. getting worried that he might not make it.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
He ate the first day. But he hid a bit at first. Would only come out if no one was standing there. So I fed and ran away. Lol. But now he'll even eat off a feeding stick. Do you have any fish that are bothering him? My fox face steals food from him sometimes. But he's fat and happy. When you did the clams, how did you do them? I buy the frozen clams on the half shell, thaw them in a little cup of tank water and drop them in. He almost always finds them right away. He seems to enjoy ripping them off the shell. When I feed from the stick a cut up silversides. Maybe try dumping small bits of those in?

dbriceno

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Mine took about 2 weeks and is still very skittish. He often gets startled and hides even with food around. He seems to get more comfortable every day. I also have a Niger trigger who started eating right away. So far no problems with either picking on corals, shrimp, snails or crabs. Red Tail & Crosshatch triggers are also pretty reef safe though more expensive and harder to find small ones

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: