• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

xxnonamexx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the best way to feed a Naso tang and Coral Beauty angel which are the only inhabitants in my tank besides a cleanup crew. I have the variety food pack and since there is only 2 fish I cut less then half of the frozen cube and mixed it in a glass of tank water to break it up and added it to the tank. I just want to fee them properly w/o overfeeding. Thanks

scarf_ace1981

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
seaweed would be great for them. i like to give my fish a variety of foods mixing it up all the time. all of my fish eat: flakes, NLS pellets,mysis, silversides,seaweed,krill or squid. they never know what's on the menu because it's always random. at first they may be hesitant but then they accept it

deelucky

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
seaweed is great i clip it in my tank all the time and my tangs go crazy.my angel eats anything on the rocks and loves pellets.mixing it up is best though.

deelucky

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
how long have you had these fish?if you just got 'em it can take a few days to get them started.my lopezi which is under the naso fam took almost a week to eat.now he is a crapping monster cause he wont stop feasting.my cherub took about a week also though he started right away picking the rocks it took 2 weeks to get him eating pellets.

xxnonamexx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had it for 24hrs. I will leave the seaweed in and not feed anything else until they start to eat, like you said may take a week, the tang nips at the rocks and eats whatevers on them, the coral beauty hides alot.

scarf_ace1981

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
give them some time to adjust. fish usually don't eat right away. especially those bought from pet stores. i find that fish bought from other members eat right away.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: