• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

Filio":1p9f4smp said:
I would be shocked if any of the big online stores make them available including DFS. If they do expect to pay an arm and a leg.

I wouldn't. I fully expect them to sell a few.

Hobbyist

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would anyone like to share the information on how an individual or LFS might obtain one of these fish? Thanks in advance.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Steve that two striper in the top photo (bottom middle in the picture) is the smallest I've ever seen one :D I could swear he said
Take me home Gresham

The voice repeated itself all last night keeping me awake :lol:

sedgro

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gentlemen (Steve and Co.),

Next time spare us all the disappointment by telling us in advance that you are selling nearly everything to the Asian market. I personally would have enjoyed the pictures more without the let down of believing my LFS was actually getting me one to finding out that almost no one in the US is getting one. Guess I will go back to buying cyanided Indonesian fish and fluke-laden Tongan fish... :roll:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sedgro":22c323pa said:
Gentlemen (Steve and Co.),

Next time spare us all the disappointment by telling us in advance that you are selling nearly everything to the Asian market. I personally would have enjoyed the pictures more without the let down of believing my LFS was actually getting me one to finding out that almost no one in the US is getting one. Guess I will go back to buying cyanided Indonesian fish and fluke-laden Tongan fish... :roll:

:roll: You didn't just go and shot yourself in the foot now, did you? You'll know what I'm talking about in a couple months and you'll be pissed at yourself :lol:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See the post on RC. In all your cross posting you might have over looked something ;) Nio cloak and dagger, just put together one and two (ie. RC + RDO :D)

IMO you struck out FAR too fast. Go look at the other posts one more time.......

sedgro

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Steve,

I don't really know Morgan and I have only been to Inland once or twice. It is a very neat place. However, I can't see calling him up and asking him to order me such an expensive item with no relationship. I was planning on waiting for the next batch when I hopefully can get one at the price I was originally quoted by what I consider my "LFS" - in Chicago. Thanks.

clarionreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pavaphon
The market will drop if the market people will allow it to.
The collective players and wannbie players in the Asian arena have shown that they will do anything to get the fish, even for no or little profit but for ego strokes.
When the ego thing enters into the equation, it is no longer just mathematics and commerce but a referendum on manhood.

As a simple fisherman, who am I to deny them what they need to feel whole?
They drive an industry in live cyanide food fish ie. Napolean wrasses and groupers the same way.
We all know that no 600 gram portion of poor giant wrasse is NOT worth a $100.00 a plate but they need the juice AND THE POWER of The dragon to set the table for a proper evening with a lady friend do they not?
They drive the market and we in the chain of custody are simply amazed by it.
Steve

Vili_Shark

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sedgro":2q9k2wod said:
Steve,

I don't really know Morgan and I have only been to Inland once or twice. It is a very neat place. However, I can't see calling him up and asking him to order me such an expensive item with no relationship. I was planning on waiting for the next batch when I hopefully can get one at the price I was originally quoted by what I consider my "LFS" - in Chicago. Thanks.

You got 2 for sale in Live Aquaria.
The most expensive online shop in USA is still much cheaper than the LFS in Asia, so you cant really complain on this one, can you?

clarionreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People
All the buzz generated by Greshams photos on this page is about to repeat.
Once again, there will not be enough fish for the whole world...but there will be more then last time.
Steve

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many this time, 200? And what about the phone conversation about not creating the internet hype? Party pooper? :roll:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who told you that, your knowledgable US F&W S friends :lol:. Nope, less the 90 but more then 70.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: