• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

I set up a 55 gallon tank that is now cycling at my daughters house. Going to put Electric Yellows in it with a Bristlenose Catfish.

Attachments

• lcaeruleus3.jpg
    lcaeruleus3.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 189
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've developed a "thing" for dward Tanganyikans, but the big, showy fish sure are somethin' too. Ya ever see these fish on black substrata? Talk about a POP!

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bred dwarf tanganyikans for quite some time. The dwarf shell dwellers are my favorite, L. brevis, mulifasciatus, etc. Cool fish.
There was one species, which name escapes me at the moment, which I had in a 75 gallon aquarium. There were two males, and a dozen or so females. When a male saw a female he wanted from the other males territory, he just picked the shell up with the female in it and dropped it in his own territory. Quite funny to watch...

Bang, be selective where you obtain the electric yellows from. Get F1's if you can.
You might also what to consider some synodontis sp. catfish. The breed by dropping eggs while the cichlids are spawning. The female picks up the catfish's eggs in her mouth and carries them without knowing it.

Jim

Nuke

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are those yellows doin now? Are you gettin board of em yet 8O -- If you still have room i would suggest adding some different mbuna to the tank to add some more color. You may just like the species tank im just saying this because i grew board after a few spawns of my yellow labs. Cheers

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nah......not bored yet...I have been feeding some to my snakes.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: