• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

fishfanatic2

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
would this be a good stocking plan for a 20 high FW? Im 'rebuilding' the tank.

1 pair of kribs
3 white tetras, dunno science name
5-6 rasboras
5 corys.

plz add suggestions, i might relpace the whites with rainbowfish. TIA :D

doublette

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A mating pair of kribs can turn pretty aggressive. You might want to re-think that. They are beautiful fish, I have a female in our 135G community tank and she gets along well with everyone else in there (rainbows, balas, pleco, clown loaches,siamese algae eaters). I'm not sure if the 20tall will be okay for rainbows, not sure what kind you are thinking of. Personally I would add a couple more rasboras (my favourite freshwater fish!). Keep the cories but if you are getting a larger species you may want to reduce the number to 3.

Just my opinions :wink:
Debbie

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
agreed- the kribs will pick off the rasboras, and a 20 is about maxed out w/one pair

some of the dwarf rainbow species (praecox, poppendata,gertrude's, etc., will do well)

given that its a high tank, i'd try to focus mainly on fish that are also more disc-shaped

black tets, diamond tets are nice :)

i'd also suggest either otto cats, or one of the dwarf (heniancistrus) species of pleco

the 'regular' pleco hits 12-18", and i've seen breeders about 2' long

corydoras sterbae are beautiful :)

hth

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would keep a couple rainbows of your choice......and some Juliochromis with a cat.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bangbang":35cgyn3o said:
I would keep a couple rainbows of your choice......and some Juliochromis with a cat.

most rainbows that aren't in the 'dwarf' complexes are NOT suitable for a 20 high, they get too big( 4"+), and need ALOT of swimming room, to avoid infighting, even between pair members

rainbows (like the melanotaenia group) are underwater bullets, and should be given space accordingly

not saying it can't be done, but be prepared for a higher risk of fighting/injury, my pair got bashed into the sides of a 29 simply because the tank wasn't long enough for them to avoid smashing into the sides when they got spooked

juliis can be quite aggresive towards other species, in spite of the impression they give of being 'wimpy', due to their more secretive behavior

fishfanatic2

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanx for the suggestions, heres an update.

Ill probly go with any of the combinations that can be made from the list below. Plz state your opinions on this list. :D

7 rummy-nose tetras OR 5 dwarf rainbows (species ?)
5-6 corys (species ?) OR 4-5 yo-yo loaches
A pair of rams OR a pair of kribs (not likely, altho it did work out last time)
Something else, like a trio, or am i maxed?

TIA :D

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fishfanatic2":13twox57 said:
Thanx for the suggestions, heres an update.

Ill probly go with any of the combinations that can be made from the list below. Plz state your opinions on this list. :D

7 rummy-nose tetras OR 5 dwarf rainbows (species ?)

best are the poppendata, or the furcata, gertrudes..-praecox need more swimming space :)

5-6 corys (species ?) OR 4-5 yo-yo loaches

try one trio, be aware that laoches are abit prone to occasionally 'freaking out' :wink:

A pair of rams OR a pair of kribs (not likely, altho it did work out last time)

rams yes, agassizi, or caucatoides yes, kribs no

Something else, like a trio, or am i maxed?

start there for awhile, after a few months you may be able to add another small group of some small fish-cherry barbs, harlequin rasboras, emperor tets are nice :)

TIA :D

hth

here's a decent pic of agassizis, one of me faves

Attachments

• agassizis1.jpg
    agassizis1.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 128

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: