• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Mouse

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you wanna see Phirana eat something 'cool' give em thawed pinky mice from the reptile shop, it'll certainly put a bit of blood i the water.

Tackett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you really want one dude, i was considering it before i turned my 55 into a reef. I'll try to find all of my old links for you. I was going to get an "elongatus" pirahna, they are ugly but everyone says that they are the meanest. But its hit or miss with pirahnas as to which ones are mean, some are passive, and ive seen some attack the glass after people. (true story.) difference is in the single fish not the species. However, all the ones that swim in schools (normal red bellies.) are usually very passive if kept singly, its the ones that live solitary in the wild that are terrors (blacks, elongatus) anyways ill look those links up for you.

Tackett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the really mean ones if you want to do a google search are

Serrasalmus altispinis
Serrasalmus altuvei
Serrasalmus brandti****
Serrasalmus compressus
Serrasalmus eigenmanni
Serrasalmus elongatus****
Serrasalmus geryi
Serrasalmus gibbus
Serrasalmus gouldingi
Serrasalmus hastatus
Serrasalmus hollandi
Serrasalmus humeralis
Serrasalmus irritans
Serrasalmus maculatus
Serrasalmus manueli
Serrasalmus marginatus
Serrasalmus medinai
Serrasalmus nalseni
Serrasalmus neveriensis
Serrasalmus nigricans
Serrasalmus rhombeus****
Serrasalmus sanchezi
Serrasalmus serrulatus
Serrasalmus spilopleura

I wouldn screw with anything but the Serrasalmus species as most of them are solitary in the wild, however most of them are enormous. I starred the ones that I KNOW are mean from what ive read.

might want to look up the black pirahna or black diamond pirahna or something of that dirivative, they are having problems classifying them so I don't know what to list them as.

Tackett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here are the forums that I was on for a while
http://www.piranha-fury.com/
they have alot of good info and alot of very experienced piranha keepers.

will probably be your end all resource ;) good luck bud, give me some pics when decide what one to get.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: