• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

fishfanatic2

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I had a pair of kribensis pulcher in my tank for a long time. They were always very happy (never got them to breed; I didnt condition them right) until the male developed parasites or worms from some source. None of the other fish got it and the meds arrived 1 day after he died. Ever since the female has gone into 'reclusion' and I rarely see her. I know she's alive but she is very very very VERY shy and skittish. Occasionally she will come out in full color and very bright, yet that is rare. It has been like this for a while. The only other fish are a white tetra and a rasbora (Im redoing the tank) Whats up with the krib? TIA :D :?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try a few more tetras to act as dither fish, or add another male. She's just aprehensive. Fish use the presence or absence of other fish in the area to determine if it's safe to be in the open or not. Do you have a background on the tank?

I did a search and found a link for you.

http://www.theaquarians.net/Articlesand ... r_fish.htm

fishfanatic2

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanx for the link-very informative.

I'll be getting more fish soon, hopefully another male and some rummynose, and hopefully thisll solve everything.

Thanx!

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good call Jim...I definetily second adding another male...

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
be wary of spawning pairs of kribs, they can get quite violent to tankmates

it's also possible that the female is spawning w/out a male, as well, (angels will also do this) and that that is the reason for her intense color and secretive behavior

fishfanatic2

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A possibility, but I havent conditioned her or found any eggs in the flower pot/rock cave.

I am aware of the potential aggresiveness, tho I have never witnessed it. I am planning out the remake of the tank and I plan to add a male in their at that time.

TY! :D

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: