dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
This is what i am talking about...

They do not look like when i first got them. But these are the only corals that have lost color... Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_4231.jpg
    IMG_4231.jpg
    621.8 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_4234.jpg
    IMG_4234.jpg
    526.1 KB · Views: 64

dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
Bump, can someone explain the lost in color? Im raised the lights (8hrs +1hmoon) two weeks already and still this is the only coral loosing color. Water perams have not changed.

Chris Jury

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I said above, the look of the corals and the modest coralline algae growth suggets to me that the corals are starved of nutrients. Hence, providing more nutrients to them such as by feeding them would be required to improve their coloration. Dissolved free amino acids are sucked up by corals and many other organisms, and are one potential way to provide them with more nutrients, however, corals aren't particularly good at sucking amino acids out of the water, and commercially available amino acid solutions are about the most expensive potential food source commonly available. You can probably get the same positive effect using a different food source for pennies on the dollar.

I'd check Mg as Josh suggests above too, to make sure that isn't an issue and correct it if it is. I think that the most probable problem is that the corals are starved of nutrients, but neither is that the only possible problem.

cj

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: