• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our saltwater aquarium community?
    JOIN NOW

digitalreefer

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Ok, my tank is in need of a heater and I know that these are one of the big fish killers if anything goes wrong with them. I don't want to spend my life savings on one, but does anyone have a reccommendation on a good, relatively inexpensive heater (100w or so)

On a side note... if anyone has a heater they aren't using and want to sell it, let me know. Thanks.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
but does anyone have a reccommendation on a good, relatively inexpensive heater (100w or so)

Unfortunately, in this hobby, inexpensive and good quality are oxymorons.....especially when talking about heaters.

Finnex titaniums connected to a controller (Aquacontroller jr, Ranco, Medusa, etc) will provide a nice reliable combination. Not cheap though.

swimmer

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I bought a Finnex a while back and love it- you need to connect it to a controller though (they sell one for it). Very reliable and everyone who has one seems to love it. Previously I had a cheap Won Bros Proheat II, which crapped out on me and almost cost me my tank!

S

sparkysreef

Rating - 100%
83   0   0
I went with 2 jalli 300w in my 180. I put one in each overflow. They have a safety inside of them that if they are exposed to air they will trip off. Has an internal overload type device. Have had them for 4yrs and no problems.
Only catch is that they come as the element only and need a controller of some sort

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: