• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
P.boylei isn't all that nice a fishes. I think you're just taken with the fact that it's so rare and expensive. Certainly wouldn't make any of these fishes look like freshwater. I can name several species that are the basic red and white stripped coloration as P.boylei.

Personally, I'd take almost any Cirrhilabrus over it
icon_biggrin.gif

Cruiser

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All marine fish are my favorites
icon_biggrin.gif

Probably one of my all time aquarium favorites is the "Golden Angel", Centropyge aurantius. No digital camera yet, or I would snap a picture of mine
icon_smile.gif

Leonard:

I agree with you hands down there are some many other more exotic / vibrant Cirrhilabrus species. But I also do like the HFWrasse due to its changing red coloration.

How long have you had the P. Ocellatus - M.I. 5 bar for?
Very Nice

Joe

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joe,

The P.ocellatus has been with me for a little over 4 years. I got mine pretty early, before pictures or descriptions were published in aquarium literature.

The guy is timid, but extremely hardy. It once jumped onto hardwood floor and flopped around for (I would guess) 2-3 minutes. I investigated the "splat splat" noise, found him on the floor, threw him back in the tank, and he was out and about the very next day. Cool fish.

Wish my ex-Cirrhibrus sp. (C.rhomboidalis in particular) was that resiliant.

Ocyurus

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will have to go with either my sailfin tang, juv french angel, dogface puffer, or tomato clown love the colors!!!

kirtis

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i know this isn't really a fish , but either the green moray eel or snowflake or blue ribbon eel are my favs, that and brittle stars

CAT

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
'Platax Pinnatus' , Red-finned Batfish. Very cool. Look like they should come out on Halloween only
icon_smile.gif

Wish I could keep one...

31-2c

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never seen one in person, but the Black Ribbon eel looks amazing.

The yellow Striped Maroon clown and the Bi-Color blenny (For the Attitude!) are also some of my favorites.

ded08221

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i love my 6-line wrasse, but i always dream of a clown trigger....one day i will have one....one day :lol:

jandree22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
29 Oct 2001............
..........01 Mar 2004

ded0822":y7kpnd6t said:
i love my 6-line wrasse, but i always dream of a clown trigger....one day i will have one....one day :lol:

2 1/2 years later :lol:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: