JohnD

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After you get done doing a search on this board for information and find almost nothing, do you have a preferred search engine to find information on the internet for a species (either fish or invertebrate)?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO Hands down it is www.northernlight.com , those Canadians have the best most user friendly search engine on the net.

For every 10 sites Yahoo pulls down this one pulls down 100 and puts them in orginized folders to the left so an advanced search is never neccessary.

canadawest

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amen to northernlight.com! Also my favorite search engine, and not just because I'm Canadian. I find it to be the most accurate and user friendly.

Yes, we Canadians do a few things well.
icon_wink.gif

And yes, fishbase.org is also very nice.

KenH

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've just recently started using Google.com because I noticed that most of the search engine hits on my website were from there. I have been very impressed it and it is now my favorite search engine to use.

--- Ken

Mike02

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i always use yahoo.com and it gives accurate hits and many more hits than altavista or excite. i havent tried the ones mentioned above.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also swear by dogpie.com Compiles many different search engines for you. Never chasked out northernlights though. Will do
icon_smile.gif

Dogpie - lol. Something like cowpie?
icon_rolleyes.gif

That would be dogpile.

[ July 22, 2001: Message edited by: tangirl ]

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wasn't impressed with northernlight. I was looking for swimming pools. Dogpile was much better.

AFH

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copernic Try this one I does a nice job of searching.

[ July 26, 2001: Message edited by: AFH ]

[ July 27, 2001: Message edited by: AFH ]

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, Google is what is my homepage for my browser... but also check out Mamma.com.
b

[ July 27, 2001: Message edited by: Bingo ]

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: