potsy

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. Does anyone have a single halide pendant illuminating a 36inch aquarium? If you do, are the edges of the tank noticeably dimmer? I'm looking into the aqualine bushke 250watt 10000k hqi aquastar, but the dual bulb system is rather pricey (new condo, new wife, furniture etc.) The aquarium will be 58gallons. Thanks

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't personally use a 250 watt HQI bulb, but have seen them in service. You will not get much illumination towards the extreme sides of your tank with a single bulb. They are beautiful, bright bulbs, but do not have the dispersal range you require.

If money is an issue, I suggest just going with more affordable American electronics. The Aquastar is a well-engineered fixture, but as you know, is very expensive. A significant portion of the cost you're paying in Jersey is import tariffs and freight. US-built fixtures can be had for more then 1/2 the price. Thought not as fashionable, they'll give you just as much light for far, far less money.

Check out www.marinedepot.com for some affordable light fixtures.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: