Toadally1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone using these overflows? Do you like it?

I'm getting ready to replace mine and I'm wanting to get some opinions about it. The one I have now is a peice of crap! It seems everytime I go out of town it loses it's siphon and the pump runs dry. It's gotta go!
icon_mad.gif

Rick

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just for the record Toadally,
is the piece of crap a marineland .
Amiracle and lifereefs are very good .

[ July 23, 2001: Message edited by: RJ ]

Toadally1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No - I can't remember what it is. The one I'm looking at buying is the Marineland SOS overflow. I've heard good thing's about it, but nothing bad so far.

SPC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Toadally, I used 2 of these on my last tank for about a year, I would highly recommend them. They are very silent and trouble free, I have often wondered why they are not more popular.
Steve

jsokal

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello !! I set one up a week ago. At first I wasn't happy with it, but all that has changed.
I'm not using a Tidepool sump. I built one out of a 20 long tank. I have the drain hoses going into the sump under water. At first, this caused a gurgle sound (the drain hoses seemed to be to large). I put a 3/4 of an inch PVC connector at the end of the main tube, followed by a foot long 1/2 inch wide piece of PVC pipe, followed by a ball valve. Closed the ball valve slightly, causing the water to back up the the tube, and the SOS and sump are in stealth mode now.

One thing though... I was never able to get the Tention Rod/FLow Cap to work properly. I'm not using them.

I'm extremely happy with this solution !!!!! Email me if you have any questions.

Jason Day

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using the Tidepool overflow for about three months now. I really like it. Works very quietly always restarts the siphon. One drawback is that is will only do about 600 gallons while a life reef will do about 700 gallons. Also you do have two hoses coming off of it. One for the regular flow and the other for the overflow. One thing I do like is the fact that it is quiet.

Very Very quiet.

Jason
icon_smile.gif

SteveMH

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are excellent overflows IMO. Very quiet. I've had no troubles with it at all. I don't know how soon you want to get one, but I'll be selling mine sometime next month. I'm setting up a RR tank so I will not need it anymore.

Steve

Toadally1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the replies! I've got one question though, since I've installed mine I've gotten a large air bubble at the top of the overfow tube. Anyone else having this problem? Maybe it's not a problem, dunno...I just don't want anymore overflow problems.
icon_eek.gif

yznhmr

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i dont like mine, the salt will creap up the tube and i have to clean it constantly every week, i have had mine for 2 yrs now, and dont set your air tube too high your tank will over flow..last week i did it on accidently bad mess

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: