A

Anonymous

Here's a bunch of photos of M.E.Milz's tank (I'm posting them on his behalf)...

View

View

View

View

View

View

View

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
M.E.Milz will have to answer your questions, but is gone for the weekend (I don't know if he has internet access at home), so he may not reply until Monday...

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's up with all the sump dwellers trying to worm their way up to the display tank
icon_biggrin.gif

Nice tank, Milz. Very nice.-

Cruiser

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
M.E.Milz

Beautiful tank - 300 gallons?.
Nice pair of Watanabei Angels ~ any courtship? How old? Male has nice lyretail!.
what size ~ looks like 3.5 / 4.0 inches?
6Th photo - is that a anthis or wrasse, guessing its an anthias.

Joe

Cruiser

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leonard

You are probably right!, just didn't look like a flame wrasse.

What do you mean about shark / dolphin
icon_smile.gif

I'm not criticizing Milz at all by any of those questions - don't mean to be, just interested in the behavior of his angels.

Joe

monkeyboy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kid you not when i say this, but this is the most beautiful tank i have ever seen! Lush growth of calurpa and SPS, what more can you ask for in life?

Wrasse

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am Mike Milz (i.e., M.E.Milz - posting from home).

First of all, a big thank you to the Cheese for taking the time to post my photos and to post a link for me. I greatly appreciate your help with this. One of these days, I will figure this stuff out and set up a webpage.

And thanks to the rest of you for your comments on my reef tank. The reef tank is an Oceanic 200 reef ready (7'x2'x2') that has been set up since June of last year. However, much of the corals, fish, rock, sand, and crtitters came from 2 smaller tanks.

With a few exceptions, most of the sps corals originated as frags. For example, all of the colonies of yellow/green Bali staghorns originated from 2 small 2" frags that I obtained about 2.5 years ago. The same is true with the purple and green montipora digitatas. Right now, I am concentrating on fragging the rest of the sps colonies so as to safegaurd against any dissaters (I lost a green murlina and most of a purple capricornis to RTN earlier this year).

As for fish, the tank includes:
-flame fairy wrasse (yes, that is what is in the 6th picture)
-male & female wantanabie angles (as of yet, not a mated pair)
-yellow corris wrasse
-rainfordi goby
-elibli angle
-chevron tang
-regal tang
-fang blenny
-wardley's wrasse
-marine betta
-kling fish

By the way, I am moving around the end of this year, and I am now in the planning stages for a new reef and FOWLR dual tank system (i.e., side-by-side tanks with interconnected sumps). As the plans progress, I will be posting them here for comments and suggestions.

Thanks again, Mike Milz

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joe,

The shark/dolphin reference was about a earlier thread on this BB, with people trying to figure out if the animal in the pics was a dolphin or shark.

Quillen

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pics are beautiful and the side by side tank would be very neat.
icon_smile.gif
I look forward to seeing it, maybe I'll have the space and be out of school to even do it someday myself.
icon_smile.gif

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice setup Mike. That is definitely what I am trying to get my tank to look like. Gorgeous. Well, off to the sump I go.

Later

RLTW

Wrasse

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lighting comprises 3x 250 watt 6500K Iwasaki MH bulbs run by a Universal MH Retro kit, and 2x 6' 160 watt VHO actinics run by an Icecap ballast. The lights are mounted in a DIY canopy. I did this because the tank is 7' long, and I wanted to spread the MH's out a little (as compared to a standard 6' fixture).

By the way, I forgot to mention two other fish that are in the tank. A P. Frimandi and a dusky clown. My appoligies to the fish for overlooking them.

Mike Milz

SuperLeet

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of filter, that tank is incredible!

How deep is the sand bed? Is it a plenum?

What kind of sand? what kind of rock?
icon_eek.gif

[ July 29, 2001: Message edited by: SuperLeet ]

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: