hannibal

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey, was wondering if you folks would have any idea what would be causing air underneath the flesh of coral..just got some lobophylia in (transhipped) and there are a couple of places where there seems to be air trapped underneath the flesh and rising up underneath the flesh..pretty strange..any ideas how to solve this problem, never seen it before..
thanks

chris

Emperator

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Strange thing happened to my bubble coral. I noticed pockets of air bubbles trapped in the flesh and after a week or so, the air bubbles disappeared.

From my personal experience, if the coral is healthy the trapped air will be expelled by the coral.

HTH

hannibal

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks, was kinda thinking the same thing, but was not for sure, it's pretty strange looking to see trapped air bubbles rising up underneath your coral..

chris

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw the same thing with my bubble coral. It happened right after the water level had dropped enough that the PH was grabbing micro-bubbles from the surface and shootiing them across the tank. Once I topped off the bubbles in the coral disappeared. Interesting note, they gave a really pretty green coloration to the reflected light. This made the bubble coral look like it had a bunch of eyes waving about.

Greg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: