auto_loader

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im looking for some ideas on what is the most simplistic way to run "once a month carbon" on a smaller system (55 gal in my case).
I currently have a fluval canister that I use to run carbon for a day once a month or so to polish up the water. It seems like too much of chore to set it up and tear it down just to run carbon for a day. I was thinking of making something cheap from PVC and a powerhead that could just drop in the tank and plug it in instead of dragging out the old clunker canister filter. any suggestions?

Green Lantern

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hagen has cannisters that go on their powerheads. I think they are called quick filters. They'd work though the flow going through may be a little more than you want to run carbon.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second that. The Hagan filter cartriges are good to use even without any media in them because they keep fish and inverts from getting sucked in. Anyway, whenever you feel the need, you can put a little carbon at the bottom of one of these. The cartriges cost about $7.

I also purify tap water the same way. Just put one of these with a powerhead and some carbon into the vat of fresh water and let it circulate for a few days.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: