Lunchbucket

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can i get iodine that is perfect for a reef at walmart or such a place? what type do i get?

my bro gets some to wash his nipple (got it pierced) don't remember what it is but shouldn't any pure iodine solution work?

suggestions please

later
Lunchbucket

EmilyB

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lunchbucket, it is Lugols solution. Wally's friendly pharmacist, who will be your best friend, can get it for you if it is not stocked.

I cannot provide dosage advice, it varies,so do some searches, or poll Lugols users, it is going to be a personal decision. I primarily use it to dip corals.

KrakenSeas

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What may I ask are you going to use it for?If its for you to dump in your tank dont use the type of stuff you would buy at Walmart. Those are for cuts.It also contains 98 % alchool,which would be very bad if it were to make it into your tank.

Now on the other hand if you want to dip one of you corals this works great.Mix a quart of your tank water too 8-10 drops of iodine and let the coral sit in it for 10-15 min.s.Some other people might have other things to say but for me this saved two of my dying corals.
icon_wink.gif

[ July 30, 2001: Message edited by: KrakenSeas ]

[ July 30, 2001: Message edited by: KrakenSeas ]

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: