31-2c

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This type of new law is sprining up all across the country. These laws come after too many ignorant juvenile delinquents fried their brain using the glue as a cheap high. Don't blame the store, blame your classmates!

XXX

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is nothing new. It was against the law to buy model airplane glue back in the sixties.
icon_cool.gif
Wow man. Far out.
icon_cool.gif

Rick O

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some local stores around here won't sell spray paint to minors. You can buy a cigarette lighter though.

SPC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't remember having any problem buying model airplane glue in the sixties?
icon_confused.gif
Of course back then we were a little naive I suppose, my friends and I didn't know about(or didn't care about) getting high off the stuff.
Steve

Clownkeeper

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chris,
What part of Indiana you in
Fort Wayne here and have never heard of that.
See kids at our local Wal-Mart.
Think it depends on what cashier you get as to how they will act to you buying such items as superglue...
Come hunt me down i will go cop your superglue for you...
I remember talking strangers into going into the liquarstore buying us beer... No you have to have an adult buy your superglue.. Boy is ths world screwed up...
icon_smile.gif

chris_h

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am so mad. I broke a few pieces of my Pavona so I drove to Walmart to get some super glue to glue it down. I waited in line. They wouldnt sell me the super glue. They told me the new law is that you have to be 18 to buy super glue and I am only 16. How stupid is that? Who would make a law like that? Whoever made that law was probaly sniffing some glue.

So now the Pavona pieces are sitting in a plastic cup in my sump until i can get my parents to but me some super glue.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guess there arent gonna be many model cars and planes made in the great state of indiana anymore.

mtellin

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Wal-Mart here is the same way too, so I dont think its just an ordinance, they have a sign up back there but I dont think any of the cashiers ever check or anything.

cubera

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice to see our laws concentrating on things of great consequence to the people they are supposed to protect and serve. Not being able to buy some glue is pretty sad since there are plenty of far more dangerous things to yourself and others you can buy without any questions whatsoever. Sorry this happened to you. The whiffers should be ashamed of themselves....

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to sniff glue but then I glued my nostrils shut. Haven't sniffed much of anything since....

But I never have boogers.

fishteacher73

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yet another reason to hate Wal-Mart. A company so concerned about our well-being that they won't carry records with advisory stickers but will gladly sell you a gun. Moral of the story...go shoot something and stay away from those pesky hobbies that may acctually be stimulating and not harmful to you, like music or reading, or gluing things together. Try a Hobby Loby, there are some better CA glues out ther for RC planes that work really well.

Yellowboy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to work at walmart and the computer automatically asks you to check age. Usually with things like glue and stuff i would just let it pass without asking, i think it is way out of hand. It would ask to check for age on elmers paper glue as well!! Just about anything that used to be wholesome fun used to build stuff. Its not like if you really want to sniff it you cant find some elsewhere

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by dendronepthya:
<strong>I was going to frag my corals all night...
but then I got high...
but then I got high...
but then I got hiiiiiigh...</strong><hr></blockquote>

ROTFLMAO!!!!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: