• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

sailfins

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75 gallon.Just getting started.It nearly empty now but will be well stocked eventually.Will a remora be sufficient ?What are your experiences.I hve had a reefdevil before and I sure wish I could use it but am in no position to have a sump.

mooner

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For a hang on model the Remora seems to be the choice for many here on RDO. Don't take my word but wait for more posts and I think most will agree that it is among the best hang ons. I am breaking in an Urchin right now so I can't really comment on its ability as its only 2 days old and is not yet producing foam.

You might get the Remora Pro with the Mag 3 if you have a substantial bio load.

Good luck.

danmhippo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My opinion is hang-on's are just barely enough for a 75G, depending on your bioload and feeding habits. Of all hang-on's, I do like remora better. Try with one hang-on, and if you feel it's not adequate enough, make sure you got room for a second. it's also good to have 2 different models side by side so you can observe the difference between them........(hehehehe........and you can tell us all about them.......LOL!)

LA-Lawman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
out of all the hang-ons i have bought over the years.

my choices are the CPR bak-pak. and the AquaC remora and remora pro.

I like the slim design and pump choices of the aquaC better.. Like Mr Hippo said. If u get one hangon and it isn't cutting the mustard then add a second.

Be sure you shop around with the vendors that support this board. they give great deals from time to time.

If you have the money and space. a sump system would be the way to go.

hth

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: