A

Anonymous

Well, we are all familiar with the phrase measure once cut twice right? Well, I measured and measured and measured. Then I cut. Then I screwed, sanded, and painted. Then when it was about 80% complete I moved it into the house to test for levelness where it will actually be at, perfectly level. Then I thought as long as it is in the house let me set the tank on it to make sure the holes that I cut for the pipes fit. Low and behold the stand that I so precisely measured was actually 6 inches to big from front to rear. So now my tank does not rest on the supporting frame of the tank and has to be cut down. I do believe I am the worlds worst carpenter lol. I feel like such a moron. Which surprisingly is new territory for me lol. Just thought I would share a good laugh with you at my expense.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IF you do not mind the extra 6 inches you could add a beam and 2 more leggs to the inside. Or you could just get a bigger tank.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly, or happily depending on your point of view, my first thought was...Damn now I need a bigger tank lol.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here, let me reprimand you
evilgrin0036.gif

Oh, wait, this thread isn't in the Sump, disregard and carry on ;)

trido

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:lol: One of the few things that truely distinguishes a good carpenter is knowing how to fix your mistakes without anyone being able to tell when you are finished. You'll figure it out one way or another. :)

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No it wasn't the studs, it was the simple fact that the tank was 18 inches wide and I made the stand for a 24 inch wide tank lol. Just straight up run of the mill mistake lol.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like fitting a 120 there would cover your mistake perfectly!

B

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I build a stand for my 60X18 tank, I make the stand to be 60X24. I need the extra few inches for the sump underneath, which is 48X18.

(actually, I made the same mistake that Ranger did.... ;) )

donfishy

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ranger, you can always add extra support and use the added 6 inches in the rear (or front) of the tank to hold things, like supplies or food while it is thawing or something, ... make it useful

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: