slvlurph

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have 3 pink skunk clownfish and a lawnmower blenny.. i got mysis shrimp for the clownfish and formula 2 for the blenny. i am not sure how much and how often i should feed them..anyone have any advice?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You only have four smallish fish so you don't want to serve very large meals. Feed only as much as they will eat every little bit in about five minutes or so. If you see bits of food settling out around the base of your rocks and your fish are no longer hunting for the food, feed less next time.

That would be one pretty small pinch of flake food or a little piece of frozen mysis thawed out in some tank water. It's kinda hard to say how much mysis to give, I don't know how the stuff you have is packaged, in a flat, or large or small cubes?

I have two pink skunks, a tail spot blenny, and a small yellow wrasse. I give a wee little pinch of flake food, just a smidge, once a day and some small portion of frozen food once a day, if I feed mysis I break off a piece from the frozen flat pack that is about the size of a nickel, thaw it out in a cup of tank water and dump it in. So they get two meals a day usually.

You can tell if you are feeding enough by looking at the condition of your fish, they should be plump in the belly and head. If you notice they are looking flat or thin behind the eyes or in the belly you need to feed them more.

fungia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the lawnmower wont eat these kind of foods, i only eats algae so dont worry about it. i would feed a small amount of the mysis. i dont know how to describe the exact amount, let your fish tell you when it is full. you can look at their stomachs to see how full it is.

it is better to feed small amounts a few times a day vs a big single feeding.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: