trido

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a quick second opinion. Right now I have 500Watts of phoenix 14K MH, 220w URI actinic VHO and a 196w PC unit (36" coralife 96w 10k x 96w actinic.)
I bought another set of VHO end caps to replace the PC unit to save electricity,room and heat. I will be replacing two 36" bulbs for one 48".
I am wondering. If this was your tank. Would you put another actinic or a 10K beside the two URI actinics you have already? The spare bulbs are in the garage already and Im just not sure which way to go.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would use that other URI bulb....cannot remember the name, but they are rated 12K.

trido

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the link. I decided to use the 10k for now and was real suprized at how much it brought the reds out in my birdsnest and my pocillopora. Ive never had any true 10k on my tank. I will definately use the 12k along side of two full actinics because I am still partial to the bluer side to things.

bleedingthought

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, the 50/50s might work out for you. Although you can always play around with them, if you have the bulbs.

Also, it seems like you had 192W of PCs, not 196W. :wink: :D

And lastly, let's see updated pics of your tank, man! It's been almost 3 months since the last ones!!! :D

donfishy

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i say go with VHO's over the PC any day and then you can use the actinic whites as stated above to add a varying spectrum to your already fully lit corals.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: