• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

fungia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can you keep two emerald crabs in the same tank? my tank is 100g, i used to have a 40 gallon and one crab would kill the others.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did it without any problems. 100g is well enough room for them to find spots of their own.

iseeweed

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had 2 in a 37 reef tank for about 8 months w/no probs. One is def. a male and the other a female.

shavo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i had about 5 or so in the same tank, the only thing is some grow much much faster than others, i noticed when one got large it killed the smaller ones. if they stay the same size you should be fine. they are cool looking crabs, i miss having them i noticed they were picking at polyps so if you have corals you have to watch them even though they say they are reef safe. some people have no problems with them at all but i did on more than one occasion so i left them alone for now.

danmhippo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They will do fine in your tank together, but I am not so sure about your corals and other critters.

I used to have 5 in my 180, but yanked all out after all sort of destructions they done.

Now I only have a small 30G tank, and I wouldn't put any crabs into my tank, not even sally light foot.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: