waymack97

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i got some sps about 3 months ago and they have been slowly dying over the 3 months. my water has been awesome. i have been dosing kalk, i have plenty of flow and a wave maker. so i think maybe it is my lights. i have 2 150 watt mh and 2 dual actinic 96 watt bulbs. 55 gallon tank sps are half to 3/4 of the way up. these were small frags i want to to some research and try again. they have not turned white yet but they have no polyps out anymore.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might have enough light, but it depends on what kind of sps you want to grow. You should be able to grow corals like birdsnest and montiporas, especially digitata under that light no problem. If you really have the urge to grow acroporas, you will probably never be happy with the color and growth you get, but you never know.

Here is a nice birdsnest grown from a tiny frag under 2 x 150 watt DE halides and 2 x 130watt PC actinic bulbs on a 120 gallon.

birds_122.jpg

[/quote][/code]

bleedingthought

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, what kind of SPS are dying in your tank? You should have success with many different SPS with your lights, though. Especially up top.

Laura, very nice birdsnest!!! :D

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: