trido

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am preparing to treat my tank for red bugs and will need to QT all of my snail, crabs, and shrimps. I am wondering if I will need to QT my crocea as well. Can some of you that have done this treatment please let me know if you removed your clams?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it don't get a spine, it is an invert. Some calls me an invert, but that's just an opinion.

trido

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BUMP... I really need an answer from someone who has treated for red bugs, with interceptor.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
>...will need to QT all of my snail, crabs, and shrimps.

Clam is related to snail. If it affects snail, it probably will affect clam. BTW, in case we have not answer you explicitly, clam is an invertabrate.

trido

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SE, I understood your first answer. TY for the response. I bumped it so I could get answers from those who have treated with interceptor. I know of a few who frequent here that have been through the process and was hoping to here of their direct experiences. I guess I should have been more explicit with my title. Something like "WILL INTERCEPTOR KILL CLAMS" Come to think of it. That is exactly what I should have posted. :oops:

Anubis1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
http://reefs.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=43945

The treatment has no visible effects on fish, corals, worms, flatworms, snails, clams, starfish, and sea urchins. . .
Corals infested with bugs will start to show increased polyp extension during the treatment! However, it will probably kill every one of your amphipods and copepods and really mess up any crabs and shrimps. The effects on shrimp and crabs are not long lasting, 24 hours after the treament (and two partial water changes later) new crustaceans were unaffected.

hth...

Chubosco

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
seven ephors":heahcr02 said:
If it don't get a spine, it is an invert. Some calls me an invert, but that's just an opinion.

Was the question about how to treat inverts or perverts? The methods are different I believe.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice one, Chubosco. If it is in The Sump, I would have a oneliner reply for you.... :wink:
:lol:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: