• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

Title sums it up. Our LFS's don't carry anything decent for feeding sps. Where do you get yours?

A

Anonymous

Ranger, I usually made my own Fish/LPSInvert food. I haven't a clue as to what a good blend for SPS would consist of...hopefully someone else will chime in.

trido

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The blender. I use prawns, scallops, squid, and then frozen mysis and baby brine shrimp. One batch in the blender lasts about a month and costs about five bucks. I Usually make seafood dinner about that time because the guy at the meat counter will look at you funny if you ask for two prawns and five scallops. My fish and the rest of the tank get fed daily.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
get a big block of cyclopeeze. I guess those colored sticks like it.

I'm with Tracy. I make my own. I freeze it in the tiny ice cube trays and pop one or two in the tank when I feed.

B

trido

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bingo":2xzukaut said:
I freeze it in the tiny ice cube trays and pop one or two in the tank when I feed.

B
Now thats a good idea. I've been recycling mysis packs to make tank size portions. What is your recipe Bingo?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what ever is on sale at the fish counter.
shrimp
mussles put juice in there too.
clams+ juice
a small piece of fish, salmon or somehting close.
no scallops, they have phosphates added

Bottle of selcon

sheet of nori from the sushi counter

big chunk of cyclopeeze.

Fresh salt water to thin it.

Becareful not to chop up the shrimp too much or it turns the whole thing to glue.

Next batch I'm going to add some garlic extreme

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
trido":4hswe29i said:
So thats where my PO4 has come from. Stupid scallops.

8O I didn't know that either. Well, ya learn something new every day, thanks Bingo!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: