A

Anonymous

I purchased and have assembled my MJ mod on my MJ 1200 which in theory will push 2000 GPH. It does push a lot of water, but I have no way to measure the amount. I am having some issues with sound right now though and was wondering if anyone else has done this mod and if they had the same issue. Also if you do have this mod what are you using to attach the MJ to your tank? I don't trust the suction cups.

A

Anonymous

There is a thread in the DIY forums about this mod.
I have my mods pointed straight down in the back of the tank (on a bb tank), so I just use the regular mj mounting bracket.

A

Anonymous

I have sand unfortunately for this circumstance. Can't point straight down.

A

Anonymous

Laura superglued the mj bracket bracket to the back of her MJ mod (what would be the top of a normal mj), and has it pointing across the back of her tank. She has a sand bed in that tank.

It seems that these things are quiter with a bit of back pressure. Does yours get quiter if you hold your hand a couple of inches in front of the output of it?

A

Anonymous

Well, I just unplugged it and plugged it in three or four times and it now runs alot quieter lol. I am not sure why, lots of water flow though, and it isn't disturbing my DSB at all as of yet.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: