Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get the skimmer up and running immediately. Not sure how to do this

Gradually remove the bioballs. You do not want to use them. Use the space in the sump for additional media filters (like the TLF Phosban reactor filled with activated carbon). just googled this, not sure if that thing will fit in my sump. if it is fully submersible it should fit

Do not add any additional livestock or rock until you figure out where you are in terms of cycling.

Does the tank smell bad? Like rotten eggs? absolutely not

Do you have Ammonia/Nitrate/Nitrite test kits? going to pick up a kit today and test

What is your specific gravity or salinity? will post tonight

What is the temperature of the water in the tank. always between 78 and 80

How are the clownfish behaving? Are they swimming around freely? they are just hanging out in the corner, probably not a good sign.

wayne

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
pictures...................

Posting pictures will help everyone to diagnose your problems a little bit better man maybe someone here might even see something that your missing in those photos, when i started my first tank i didn't add and fishes for about two months and they were there till the very last day .when you add anything to your tank you add it a little bit at a time you do not want to overload your bio load the first thing you should have added was rock and you did do that but you added too much after that you add a clean up crew snails crabs shrimp and then maybe two damsels a week later, i always add stuff a week apart so it doesn't stress the tank out, when your buying buy small they live longer well that's always worked for me anyways .you need to get a good test kit asap because if your water parameters is not good adding stuff to the tank will just make things worse you'd just be wasting money. i hope this helps
every time someone replies to you on this thread and you do not understand go to the search bar here and if you still don't understand just ask that's what these members are here for heres a link to get you going.............
http://www.fishlore.com/SaltwaterAquariumSetup.htm

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First things first,
Rkaragozler is the man!!!! he came by last night and helped me out with a couple of things and explained how other things work and operate. went into extreme detail.
Def. a stand up guy and a huge asset to this community.

secondly,
here are my parameters from the water test.
DATE11/17/2010
TEMP 78.2
SALINITY 1.025
PH 7.8
NITRATE 0
NITRITE 0.5
AMONIA 0
PHOSPHATE 1.0
ALKALINITY 11.2

third,
i did not have a chance to take a picture of my set up.

thanks guys!

T

THEDLO

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First things first,
Rkaragozler is the man!!!! he came by last night and helped me out with a couple of things and explained how other things work and operate. went into extreme detail.
Def. a stand up guy and a huge asset to this community.

hahaha richie is my biddy!!! a great helpl, as im sure u now know! i wish i live closer to him lol

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: