Picture 295.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 345
  • Picture 291.jpg
    Picture 291.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 288

jmh

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Crab has light colored joints, similiar to a sally light foot, but after looking at some pics of sally's, I'm 90% sure its not one. His claws are kinda large for his small body too. He's chillin in a small plastic "cage" in the tank now and he's lovin it, Ive been feeding him. Dont have my sump set up right now, thats where I was hoping his permanent addess will be, but I might not want him if he's "bad". My tank is cycling with just a HOB right now. Any info on cowrie's? are they safe? They move slow as anything, thanks in advance

LeslieS

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
jmh - I am totally jealous that you had a money cowrie hitchhiker. When I set up my tank I wanted one, but couldn't find them. They are supposed to be really great algae eaters.

jmh

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I got the LR from Aquatic creations. Real nice rock but so far they are the only hitchhikers. There is a type of tube worm in there too that I cant stand. These tiny purple spirally hard worms that spew out spider web looking stuff during feeding time, I had them in my FOWLR tank and because they had no natrual predators I assume, they fluorished. Hopefully the corals I get can keep them under control if they start to grow

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
looks like a mithrax crab I have a huge one same as that in one of the store tanks. They are safe for the most part at larger sizes they can become bold and go after slow or unsuspecting fish. Mostly just a slow algae eater u'll almost never see.

jmh

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Do money cowrie's cover their shell at night with their body, appearing as if it has small spikes on its shell? cause thats what this one does.

jf2381

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
I have the same crab. I had it in my sump for a while, but then I moved it to my display. He has been in the for about 6 month and has not bothered any of my corals or live stock.
I have zoas, sps, lps. The only time I see him is when I target feed my acans, and even then I only see a claw sticking out of the rock work picking up food.

jmh

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yep thats him. Suferboy is the proud owner of him now, cool crab though. I dont think he should have any problems ith him picking on anything anyway

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: