• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

plakatos

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I've been watching this guy slowly grow on one of my rocks for more than a month now. He's not sensitive to light changes but pulls back somewhat when I use the turkey baster around him. He's about 1/3-1/2 inch big. Do you think it's an Aiptasia?

Attachments

• aiptasia1.jpg
    aiptasia1.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 159

plakatos

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Thank you for all your response, it looks like I am going to have to say goodbye to my aiptasia. I will try the white vinegar method.

Peter

TimberTDI

Recovering Lurker
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I never really used it excessively. I inherited a bunch a corals awhile back that were infested w/ aptasia. I QT'd them for 2 months until all was gone. I used peppermints and a borrowed CBB. Unfortunately, two aptaisa found there way into my tank. I killed them, no aptasia for awhile now but I'm always searching the rock. The key is to stay on top of them so they don't take over.

Dee, if you have alot you may want to look into covering them in Kalk paste. It was in one Jhale's tank threads.

Steven

solitar

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aptasia

I was told to use liquid calcium once and it worked. Same method as the vinegar with a syringe. Calcium just seems less invasive to the tank seeing we dose it anyway.

Solitar

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
FYI ,you have to siphon out what ever is left of the apitasia other wise whatever spores get left behind and blow after you turn on you pumps (you should have all you pumps off and no water movement while killing them ) will make new aptasia in other places in your tank ..

there are some natural perditors that eat them ,like some peppermint shrimp (hit or miss) or a copper band butterfly fish ,(which is very very hard to keep or should i say start eatting in captivaity

Ronen

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: