• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

MisterMiLk

Zoa Freak
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
not sure if these are yumas, but i hope they are, i got a rock covered in em for $50....

Attachments

• DSCN0365.jpg
    DSCN0365.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 249
  • DSCN0363.jpg
    DSCN0363.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 247
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
definitely not Yuma. All rics have a fringe of tentacles and these have a flat outer edge I think the little "bumps" all over the disc r what's throwing you. Pics are very blurry still hard to pin down what it looks like. I am saying with 95% certainty that it is a discosoma and not a rhodactis, due to the pimple like pattern of protrusions along the surface. Rhodactis have a more even distribution of "tentacles" or patches of tentacles along it's surface. Either way they are pretty nice I'd say you got a deal on them.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Also, the easiest way to tell r. florida from r. yuma is theat yuma will have tentacles around the mouth stalk while florida will be smooth. Surest way to tell if ever in doubt. Mostly you can just look at them and know though they are kind of distinct after awhile.

ReeferGoneMad

I Smoke Live Rocks
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Those are nice shrooms. Those are also some color morph of rhodactis sp. Not a discosoma sp. What u thought they were are called a ricordea (Florida) or a R. yuma because they are so closely related. Next time u want a yuma look for a distictive green rimmed mouth. Those are most likely yumas.. And IMO 50 bucks aint bad for 12 of em

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: